For our Client, one of the leading law firms in the business we are looking for an specialist for the role of:
Senior Risk Analyst/Lawyer
- Reviewing new client and matter requests submitted via the “new business” system, raising queries as necessary and performing conflict searches and analysing results to identify conflicts in accordance with Firm policy and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with partners, staff and other members of the Risk Team to facilitate the prompt resolution of commercial and legal conflict issues identified from conflict searches.
- Preparing conflict waivers, letters of non-objection and other conflict-related documentation as well as establishing and maintaining information barriers as necessary.
- Ensuring anti-money laundering, sanctions and other risk checks have been carried out for new and existing clients in compliance with Firm policy and applicable regulatory requirements, and that relevant data is properly entered and maintained on the Firm’s systems.
- Assisting the practice in establishing engagement terms and advising on client imposed terms.
- Dealing with procedural queries raised by users of the system.
- Providing ad-hoc advice and participating in presentations to the practice on all aspects of “new business” related policy and regulation including providing guidance on conflict management, anti-money laundering requirements, sanctions and engagement.
- Working on discrete projects to continuously improve “new business” policy and process.
- Providing support to the practice on general Compliance matters such as Share Dealing, Confidentiality Obligations, Outside Interests, Anti-Bribery and Corruption.
- Ensuring Firm policy is in line with global requirements and adheres to local regulation.
- Advising the practice on compliance with ad-hoc compliance issues.
- Assisting in relation to the firm’s Professional Indemnity and General Insurances.
- General support and advice to the Firm’s Head and Deputy Head of Risk and Risk Managers as and when required.
- A strong legal or other relevant graduate or postgraduate qualification.
- Fluency in English.
- Relevant experience in practice and/or compliance at an international law firm, or other professional or financial services firm.
- Experience working in an international law firm compliance or risk department.
- Experience of the risk, ethical and regulatory environment in which law firms operate to include a good understanding of Bar rules and regulation relevant to legal practice, such as: conflict rules; European Anti-money laundering laws; International sanctions regimes or data-protection regulation.
- Experience of working on projects.
- Excellent analytic skills, communication skills, multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to research and analyse divergent legal positions often under time pressure as well as to contribute to the drafting of clear and concise policy and guidance as well as to the building of training in support of these.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Proactive in taking ownership for the resolution of issues and able to work with minimal supervision at busy times.
- Client-focused, commercial approach.