The Information Systems Delivery Center (ISDC) of one of our clients is a unique unit working on infrastructure services and software development which supports business processes of the entire client's organization. Everyday a team of over 400 developers, infrastructure experts, project managers and other specialists works on advanced IT solutions which improve efficiency of the company. Currently we are looking for candidates for a position of Global Domain Architect for IaaS and Compute to join our client.
The Global Domain Architect’s mission is to support (and align to) business by developing, planning, drive, documenting and communicating the global IT Infrastructure Architecture and strategy for the IaaS and Compute Domain and related solutions portfolio. The Global Domain Architect is the architectural authority for the IaaS and Compute domain and ensures that all domain’s IT infrastructure components fit together from a technical and business perspective, also across other IS architectural domains such as applications. The Global Domain Architect also ensures that ABB takes advantage of new technology developments.
- Design and lead the implementation of an Enterprise Infrastructure Technology Architecture for the IaaS and Compute domain based on business requirements and IT strategies, as well as to rectify gaps and pain points within the current state;
- Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement;
- Analyze technology industry and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Oversee or consult on technical architecture, implementation and modification activities, particularly for new and/or shared infrastructure solutions;
- Oversee and facilitate the evaluation and selection of appropriate hardware and software technology, solutions and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations;
- Understand and apply business economic considerations to the (development of) target infrastructure architecture;
- Continuously balance between taking a holistic view and a domain specific view;
- Be regarded and act as an authority across the company in this area of expertise;
- "Sell" the enterprise architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results;
- Document necessary technical architecture design and analysis work, possibly including project postmortem documentation and metric collection.
- Guide and coordinate the Infrastructure Solution Architects to ensure consensus based enterprise solutions that are aligned with IT infrastructure architecture roadmap;
- Work closely together with all stakeholders regarding expectations, business and technical requirements, and in accordance with Group IS policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Through the IT enterprise technical infrastructure architecture enable the Group to invest in the right and appropriate IT Infrastructure technologies and technical platforms which help to standardize the IS environment, reduce operational cost and create value for the business;
- Drive innovation in infrastructure architecture;
- Direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that steer the selection, development, implementation and use of infrastructure technologies within the company;
- Contributes to work on full inter-operability between the various infrastructure architecture domains as well as the other enterprise architecture domains;
- Practice a tight working together between the direct and indirect team members.
- 10+ years of experience with IT Infrastructure processes and solutions within the respective group of architectural domain, specifically:
- Public IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) for 5000+ servers: MS Azure, Amazon Web Services Compute Platforms, Systems and Servers (e.g. x86: IBM/Lenovo servers, HP blades; IBM System p™ servers (AIX), etc.);
- Branch Office and Remote Servers Virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V),Systems Management (e.g. MS SCOM, MS SCCM, etc.);
Preferably to have:
- Systems Backup and Recovery Storage Technologies: SAN, NAS, etc.;
- Disaster Recovery
- Data Center;
- Strong analytical skills and a deep understanding of the overall context of business processes and technologies;
- Experience in leading IT people who do not report directly;
- Capable of identifying and resolving issues between team members or other teams;
- Able to translate business requirements into IT capabilities and solutions;
- Experience in objectively evaluating solutions and making recommendations;
- Experience in project planning and execution as well as economic aspects of system management and life cycle;
- Degree in information management, computer systems, business engineering or similar;
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- An interesting job in a company promoting innovative and modern technologies;
- Opportunity for professional development in an international environment and for increasing your abilities and skills in various areas;
- Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market;
- Attractive salary based on your professional experience and skills;
- Good working environment.