For our Client - global production company - we are looking for a Candidate for a position of Application Support Engineer.
The Application Support Engineer has a centralized function to provide support for the Wintel-based satellite application landscape of a company. Candidate's main goal is to keep applications up on essential services of the company. You will work in close collaboration with the Application Support Administrator, as well as with members of other IT departments/Competence Centers (Governance, ERP CC, BI CC, Service and Delivery). You will respect the boundaries of the IT rules and regulations.
- Take technical support ownership over the Wintel (ERP-satellite) application landscape.
- Take accountability on operational end-user availability, up-time and overall performance of applications.
- Execute support activities as instructed by the functional lead.
- Execute new deployments and upgrades of applications within scope as instructed by the functional lead.
- Watch over overall application security by following standard procedures and conducting regular application security reviews (user access) as instructed by the functional lead.
- Enforce the level of user satisfaction within the boundaries of IT rules and regulations. Respect IT procedures, assist in detecting flaws and provide feedback.
- Provide hands-on assistance within the Global Support Center location in Poznan.
- Provide assistance to the regional Service Desk Engineers to support applications.
- Uphold a cost-efficient mindset and drive smart savings where applicable.
- Bachelor's degree (an advanced degree would be a plus).
- Minimum 2 years of previous relevant experience in application troubleshooting and support (experience in application development would be a plus).
- Ability to resolve issues related to MS SQL (Database).
- Experience with Wintel-based applications.
- Experience in technical writing and documentation.
- ITIL certificate/experience would be a plus.
- Experience in multi-country, matrix environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently.
- Prepared to travel as required.
- Be part of a dynamic stock-listed company.
- Work in a global international environment.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Career and continuous learning opportunities.
- Attractive and modern working premises.
- Empowering working culture.
- Diversity in the job through project involvement.