For our client, a global company, due to the strategic plans of opening a new Shared Services Center in Warsaw we are searching for an experienced candidate who would like to work on the position of
The position will report to the Finance Director.
This position will be responsible for:
1. Managing the migration of the back office finance function to Warsaw from Ireland, working with the Finance Director and accounting team in the planning, management and delivery of the accounting services including Accounts Payable, Invoicing /Accounts Receivable, Banking and General Ledger.
2. Delivering timely and accurate financial information in accordance with corporate reporting and statutory requirements by leading the accounting team in performing all accounting processes from the point of transaction through to the financial close and production of management accounts.
3. Participating in continuous improvement activities, developing and implementing more efficient data flows and processes required to meet the requirements set out above.
4. Driving consistency and accuracy to deliver accurate on-time results.
5. Liaising with local service providers to ensure all statutory and tax compliance requirements are met.
6. Working with the internal and external teams to identify, implement and maintain an effective control environment.
7. Ensuring that external providers provide agreed service level delivery standards.
8. Support the Finance Director in delivering relevant management information to the business.
9. Managing annual audit requirements.
Wymagania1. Internationally recognised professional accounting qualification.
2. At least 7 years’ experience in SSC/BPO sector managing internal and external accounting teams in a complex multi-jurisdictional shared services accounting and regulatory environment with full P&L and balance sheet accountability.
3. Excellent knowledge and understanding of accounting processes, principles and treatments.
4. Fluent English and excellent communication skills, written and oral with additional language skill being a significant plus.
5. Customer service orientation and ability to build relations with Business Partners.
6. Enterprise systems experience, Open Accounts experience a very significant plus, excellent MS Office skills.
7. Ability to work in a multi-jurisdictional environment, managing high volumes of work within tight deadlines.
8. Clear thinker with good organizational, analytical, communication and conflict resolution skills.
9. Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work under stress, able to adapt to changing objectives and priorities.
10. Flexibility to travel as needed and work overtime due to time differences.
11. Significant experience in leading, motivating, mentoring and developing finance teams.
12. There will be a need to spend time in Ireland as part of the migration process.
- Working in an international and dynamic environment
- Excellent work atmosphere
- Professional development
- Rich benefit package (e.g. private healthcare & multisport card)