Our Client has a relaxed, yet demanding environment, where, refreshingly, people have just as high expectations of themselves as they have for others. They strive for self-governance and aspire ourselves to be aligned with their core values: Acting with Honesty & Integrity, Respect for Each Individual, Doing Excellent Work, Working Together, and Building Long-Term Relationships.
They are an IT organization committed to Lean development principles, Agile practices and continuous improvement. We subscribe to these ideas and methods across all of our technology-based development and operational areas.
The Database Team is lean and the individuals on the team wear many hats. Their daily responsibilities include everything from TSQL performance optimization, to automating SQL Server and Windows with PowerShell, to working closely with software developers and business leads to create High-quality database solutions.
The best candidates for this role will have an innate mindset for high quality deliverables, creative solutions, a desire to automate repetitive tasks, and a drive to learn and do new things with databases regularly. This is a highly collaborative role with interactions throughout the software development organization on a regular basis.
Your responsibilities would be:
- Consistently strive for high quality database solutions and exhibit a strong sense of ownership
- Develop and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Review and modify new and existing stored procedures to enhance performance and incorporate best practices while encouraging and educating others
- Assist in database maintenance, optimization, and replication in a 24/7 global database deployment
- Assist in the physical and logical architecture and design of relational database schemas
- Participate in multiple high priority projects simultaneously while interacting with peers to make the best technical decisions
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration
- Provide off-hour support for production and development database environments as needed
- Advanced understanding of T-SQL programming
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014 Internals
- Strong understanding of Database Performance Troubleshooting and enhancements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of database administration and best practices
- General understanding of object oriented software architecture, design, and implementation
- General understanding of programming techniques and practices
- Experience with Windows PowerShell Programming
- Experience with Transparent Data Encryption (TDE).
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Analysis Services
- General Knowledge of and experience with various SAN technologies a plus
- Familiarity with the practical application of NoSQL\NewSQL databases a plus
- Their office space is designed to foster creativity and a collaborative spirit. An open floor plan with numerous gathering spaces, and plenty of whiteboards encourage communication and cross-team collaboration
- Quarterly Hack Weeks in which teams and individuals pitch new product concepts and technology improvements similar to a startup weekend. Teams form around approved projects and in one week we take ideas from concept to functional prototypes (and sometimes further). It’s an opportunity not only for a break from the “day-to-day,” but also to have your ideas heard and given the chance to impact their company and clients
- Their four-tiered – and expanding – product offering is built on a common platform that serves the world’s largest financial markets. You will have an immediate impact in shaping risk management products used by over 1,200 businesses worldwide
- Competitive salary based on experience. Their hiring process in selecting team- and values-oriented individuals who show a desire to be industry leaders results in an incredibly low turnover rate
- And leave the tie at home. They don’t believe outfits demonstrate how smart you are. We encourage a casual-attire environment
Recruitment Agency No.812
Other notesTo apply for this offer, please follow the "Apply now" button. The salary rates presented here are monthly gross and are based on Grafton Recruitment's research into salary trends. The final salary offered upon hiring will depend on how closely the candidate meets the requirements set out in the job offer. Job offers by Grafton Recruitment are not commercial offers within the meaning of the Polish Civil Code(Articles 66 and 71 CC). We kindly inform you, that we will process all applications with full discretion and contact selected candidates. We will register your data in our database. We don't send back the documents sent to us. Grafton Recruitment Sp.z o.o. is registered on position 812 in the National Recruitment Agencies Register.
For more related job opportunities visit www.grafton.pl/en/jobs/it-telecommunications/