We’ve opened a process for our Irish Client, an international company with a combination of engineering design, research and development and support locations worldwide. The company uses industry-leading R&D, state-of-the-art test facilities, in-house manufacturing and quality control. We are looking for experienced engineers to join its market-leading design team and be a part of their growing development team in head office placed in Northern Ireland. While being able to work closely with others you will also need to demonstrate the ability to work independently.
Candidates for this position will become part of a dynamic team developing Linux platform elements (Bootloaders, Linux drivers, Software packages).
- Developing high quality software as well as unit and component tests within a CI environment
- Developing Bootloaders, Linux drivers for custom designs
- Integrating new packages into existing integration environment
- Supporting other projects developed within company by providing expertise related to low level software / Linux domain area
- Coordinating with the Product Owner, team members and other stakeholders to meet business objectives
- Participating in project planning sessions and providing estimates
- Understanding the product and domain in order to write technical specifications
- Configuring and maintaining release and deployment environments
- Participating in manual end to end system QA testing
- At least 3 years’ experience in low level Linux development
- Practical knowledge of debugging bootloaders, Linux kernel, cross-compilation issues
- Hands-on knowledge of Linux integration environments (preferably Yocto)
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Bash, Python)
- Experience with one or more peripheral standards: I2C, SPI, PCI, PCIe, RS422, RS485, RS232, SATA, PATA, MMC
- Knowledge of source code revision control, preferably GIT
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Practical experience with Yocto integration environments (experience with Buildroot will be an advantage)
- Development experience on Ubuntu
- Experience in testing Linux BSPs (Board Support Packages)
- Practical experience developing u-boot, Linux kernel drivers, shell scripting
- Practical experience with debugging low level software issues using JTAG probes
- Knowledge about Linux filesystems for flash storages will be big advantage
- A degree in software engineering or equivalent
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Attractive benefits package
- Career enhancement
- Professional team working environment
Recruitment Agency no. 812.
Other notesTo apply for this offer, please follow the "Apply now" button. The salary rates presented here are monthly gross and are based on Grafton Recruitment's research into salary trends. The final salary offered upon hiring will depend on how closely the candidate meets the requirements set out in the job offer. Job offers by Grafton Recruitment are not commercial offers within the meaning of the Polish Civil Code(Articles 66 and 71 CC). We kindly inform you, that we will process all applications with full discretion and contact selected candidates. We will register your data in our database. We don't send back the documents sent to us. Grafton Recruitment Sp.z o.o. is registered on position 812 in the National Recruitment Agencies Register.
For more related job opportunities visit www.grafton.pl/en/jobs?disciplines=it-komunikacja