For one of our Client we are currently looking for Development Manager who will have an opportunity to join a world-leading engineering team working on the design and development of new features across the entire product range.
The group is responsible for developing industry leading analytics platforms and cloud analytics solutions, primarily using C++/C/Python but also a range of other languages/technologies.
The successful candidate will take charge of an expanding team across multiple locations, with significant potential growth and will be responsible for:
- Line management of the core development team, spanning several scrum teams. This includes regular reviews, 1:1s, and work assignment.
- Building out the team from currently 10-12 to 20-25 developers, ensuring that only top quality talent gets hired at all levels from entry-level to Principal engineers.
- Heavily involved in system architecture discussions, along with reviewing designs/specifications for new products and features. Primarily software-focused (C++, python) but often includes hardware architecture too.
- Formulation and implementation of training plans for the team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other groups such as Product Management and Operations
- Will be involved in code reviews, etc and should know how the code hangs together.