Frequently asked interview questions
Are you going for a job interview? Do you know what kind of questions you can be asked? We bring you a list of frequently asked questions at job interviews.
Read through each question and try to answer it so you will not be taken by surprise.
Questions concerning school and studies
- Tell me more about your studies? Why did you choose this type of school? Did you have any other school options?
- What school subject was your favourite?
- What did you gain from your studies?
- How many languages can you speak?
- Why did you interrupt your studies?
- Would you like to study again?
- Were you unsuccessful during your studies?
- What was your biggest success during your studies?
- What kind of after-school activities did you take part in?
- How did you get your internship?
Questions concerning previous jobs
- Have you ever managed a team?
- Were you dismissed or did you leave your last job by yourself? Tell me why.
- Why have you stayed unemployed for such a long time?
- Why are you applying for a different role than you worked in last time?
- Can you explain why you changed company three times within a short period of time?
- What do you dislike in your job? What do you enjoy the most?
- How did you get your current job?
- What was your main motivation to change your job?
- What expectations have not been met in your current job?
Questions concerning the new role
- What are your expectations of the new role?
- What do you expect of your superior?
- What do you know about our company?
- What are your expectations of the position you applied for?
- Why do you want to get the role?
- What would be your first steps if you accepted the job?
General interview questions
- What kind of job would you like to get if you were not dependent on the salary?
- Do you prefer team work or individual work?
- What kind of people do you not want to work with?
- What motivates you?
- Do you mind travelling?
- Have you applied for any other position? How many job interviews have you attended?
- Do you have any other offers?
- What are your career plans?
- Where do you see yourself in 3 or 5 years?
- What do you do in your free time?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- How would you react if your colleagues did not agree with your project?
- We have received more than 300 applications for the role. Why should we accept just you?
- What main events have moulded your personality?
Are you thinking about the answers?
Think of brief, positive and true answers. We can assure you – there is nothing such as a right answer. The person asking the questions wants to know you more and also wants to see your reaction.
If you are prepared, confident, brief and natural, do not be afraid of any questions. Read also how to prepare for an interview.